|Instructors that teach at our
Please call the instructor at the number provided here, to schedule
appointment or ask specific questions about content or cost.
Mark France 541-754-0756
Bass Guitar Instructor
been teaching at Albany Music & Sound for over 20 years.
well versed in many styles of guitar playing. Mark has a degree in
music from OSU. Whether you are a beginner or advanced, Mark can help
Mark France in lesson studio with guitar student
Chris Arellano 541-223-2614
Banjo, Slide Guitar, Ukulele
Drum Instructor: We will be announcing our new
drum instructor soon. He is going to start teaching beginning in March.
Our teaching studios
are located inside the store. There are two music rooms with
windows in the doors to provide comfort a security for our staff and
students. We have a
waiting area for parents to sit comfortably
while the lesson is under way.
We can provide you with the
names of piano teachers the work out of their homes in the
Answers to FAQ about lessons
- Lessons are generally held once a week.
- Lessons are generally one on one.
- Payment is due at the time of the lesson. Some instructors
prefer that you pay for a month of lessons at the
of the month.
- Instructors are responsible for setting their own policies but
cancellations are usually accepted if given
24 hours in advance.
- It is acceptable to come for a lesson to see if you like the
instructor before you decide to take for a longer period of time.
- There is no commitment of time like a term in school. Lessons
are month by month.
- Playing a musical instrument proficiently, takes years of
lessons and dedication to practicing on your own. We feel it is
worth the time and the rewards are far greater than the sacrifice.
- We hope to share our love of music with you by teaching you to
play and enjoy music as much as we do!
- You can teach yourself. Having said that, it is much easier to
have a great musician show and inspire you and a weekly basis. Then
you can spend your practice time making big steps in your
- You need to have your own instrument. Practice is what makes you
better. You need an instrument at home to practice on every day.
- We hope to see you soon! John, Mark and Chris